Saturday, April 24, 2010

I couldn't possibly.

Why is it so damn hard to be a grown up?
As I get older (24 in October, gulp) I've begun to notice some things:
Friends are having babies, buying houses and responsible cars, but I still find it quite tough just keeping a tidy room. When I get changed there's an uncontrollable urge inside me to drop everything on the ground. A friend once looked at the mounds of clothes gathering dust on my floor and asked bluntly: ' why not just hang it up?'.Yes, why? Hmm..I have got a bit better, thanks.
But still - If my light goes, I would really rather enlist someone else to change the bulb than do it myself.
Regular supermarket trips? Forget it. I wearily crunch through about 4 pieces of vogels in a day and find myself drifting into this train of thought:
Why haven't I been to the supermarket?
No car, quite a mission
Why not?
Can't really drive (got my restricted by some miracle, but lets face it - have developed a driving phobia since then).
Learn properly?
Prefer to avoid it for a bit longer.
And so you see, the cycle continues. But I figure there must be a reason for all this unproductive behaviour. It is fun to be a little bit pathetic and a lot bit silly. Speaking of which, my flatmate Lisa showed me this Mystery Jets video the other day, which made me smile (sillily) and distracted me from all my grown up responsibilities of the day. Ahh.
xx:

No comments:

Post a Comment