Monday, March 1, 2010

Beautiful mess

I've always thought that if I had all the money in the world, I'd have a pretty amazing wardrobe,  which is why I always find it disappointing that so many celebs have horrible style. It all seems a bit self conscious, or not self conscious enough, I don't know, but then there are the rare ones who always get it right. 

One of my favourites is Alison Mosshart of The Kills and The Dead Weather.  
 
I kind of imagine her as someone who has always dressed the same, she seems so unaffected by the pretentiousness of the music (and fashion) industry.  Her hair is a bit of a shambles and she always wears pants, but she still looks completely feminine and classic.  I particularly like her penchant for hats, rings and leopard print.  

She summed up her appreciation of fashion pretty well in a recent interview with British VOGUE (Feb 2010):
"I'm far more interested in style than I am in fashion as an industry, I don't really care about that. But people with amazing style, really incredible clothes - it's an art and I appreciate that".
xx
 
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment